EPS is the world’s leading insulation material. No other material gives such long-lasting insulation at a comparably moderate cost. Over many decades. Moreover, even EPS can be improved. Our technicians have always been convinced that further development was possible. THE GRAPHITE INNOVATION
A few years ago, with a new technological initiative, Sunpor achieved the breakthrough: it was found to be possible to introduce graphite particles into the cell structure of conventional EPS by means of an extrusion process. These particles reflect infra-red radiation – and thereby heat. “Grey EPS” was developed: just as easily processed as white EPS, but with 20% better insulation performance (around 30 mW./mK) at average densities. Ideal for:
- Buildings with a high standard level of energy saving (e.g. low-energy houses, passive houses)
- Buildings in which optimal insulation within a limited space is needed (e.g. in the upgrading of older buildings).
Sunpor has led the way in the development of Grey EPS technology. Lambdapor® is now a mature product with:
- Unrivalled insulation performance among EPS products.
- A wide variety of grades for all applications.
- Sunpor standards of personal service.
Market development confirms the advantages of grey EPS: Sunpor has steadily increased its Lambdapor® production capacity. Between 2007 and 2010 the quantity sold has tripled. By 2014 we make arrangements for the quadruplication of Lambdapor®
The “Grey Tendency” in the construction industry is under way.